Overnight Camel Trekking in Merzouga
Overnight Camel Trekking in Merzouga
Table Of Contents
It’s a journey unlike any other, with landscapes and views that the majority of people will only see in films! Merzouga Overnight Camel Trekking is a Sahara desert adventure that everyone should experience at least once in their lives.
Camels are used to travel long distances. Merzouga is the most popular camel trekking destination in Morocco, and this overnight camel trekking adventure in Merzouga includes a night in a private nomad-style tent in the golden Erg Chebbi dunes. At this comfortable camp, you can ride camels while admiring a beautiful sunset, wake up to a beautiful sunrise, and participate in sandboarding activities while eating a delicious breakfast. Your guide arranges hotel pickup and ensures that the experience is one to remember by tending to the details while you relax and enjoy the Berber people’s warmth.
Overnight Camel Trekking Merzouga Info
Overnight Camel Trekking in Merzouga Itinerary
Day 1: Meet up - Camel ride - Arrival to the camp
Merzouga camel trekking, spending the night in the desert, and watching the sunset in the sand dunes is an absolutely unforgettable experience.
This overnight camel trekking in Merzouga begins in the late afternoon (16 – 17 p.m. depending on the season) from the Kasbah Hotel and ends at the Merzouga Desert Camp in the middle of the dunes, where you can experience the desert magic. It takes approximately 1 hour and 30 minutes to reach the Desert camp, including a stop to relax and climb the dunes for spectacular sunset views, photograph, and enjoy Sandboarding.
When you arrive, you’ll be greeted with a traditional desert welcome of mint tea in the Berber Beduin tent where you’ll spend the night.
In the evening, you’ll dine on a delectable Moroccan feast. Then, relax around a campfire and drum circle in an atmosphere of entertainment and fun before retiring to a private tent of your choice beneath the shining stars. You’ll leave your main luggage in your car or at our guesthouse and bring only a backpack with you on the overnight journey.
Day 2: Sunrise - Breakfast - Camel ride
Unusual morning in the Sahara Desert and the Erg Chebbi; Morocco’s highest and most impressive sand dunes. In the early morning, a date with a breathtaking sunrise over the sand dunes is worth waking up for.
Following that, a hearty breakfast and a hot shower will be provided in the camp before returning to the Kasbah Hotel in the village via camels or a 4×4 vehicle.
Your Merzouga Overnight Camel Trek concludes here at our guesthouse with a wealth of memories, feelings, and perhaps a new perspective on life.
Overnight camel trekking in Merzouga includes
- Overnight in a desert camp.
- A location to store your staff and shower upon your return from the desert.
- A secure parking space for your car/motorcycle.
- One camel per person.
- Breakfast & Dinner.
- Water for your camel ride.
- Mint tea at the camp.
- Vegetarian options are available upon request; please inform us of any special dietary requirements.
- At the time of booking, you will receive confirmation of your reservation.
- Comfortable walking shoes, such as sports sneakers, are recommended. For this excursion, dress in long sleeves and pants or skirts, as well as a warm jacket.
- Minors must be accompanied by an adult.
- Alcoholic beverages (available to purchase).
What can we say about spending an unforgettable night in a Bedouin tent except that it is the best thing that could happen to you during your Morocco desert tour?
Overnight camel trekking in Merzouga, Morocco, is highly recommended.
You will have the opportunity to plan and execute a Morocco camel trek with the assistance of an experienced camel guide who will lead you into the Moroccan Sahara desert on our overnight camel trek in Merzouga.
Camel Trekking: Your Adventure After leaving the dunes’ edge, you will be transported to Erg Chebbi dunes for an overnight stay, where you can watch the sunset and sunrise while participating in sandboarding activities in Merzouga sea sand if necessary.
The camp will be established at the foot of Erg Chebbi shortly before sunset, with a fire to keep everyone warm. If you wish, you may enjoy your dinner while telling stories and recounting adventures to the accompaniment of Berber music.
As you drift off to sleep in your tented accommodations in the Sahara Desert, you will be surrounded by Saharan stars. Immediately upon awakening, you will climb the Erg Chebbi dunes, where you will be rewarded with a breathtaking view of the sun rising over the desert.
Reviews about overnight camel trekking in Merzouga
Overnight camel trekking in Merzouga
If you have any questions about our overnight camel trekking in Merzouga, we would be happy to answer them. We can provide you with information about what’s included, and what’s not, and how you can customize the trek to suit your needs. To get in touch with us, you can use the contact form, call us on the phone, or send us an email.
Book Your Overnight Camel Trekking in Merzouga Today!
We offer a variety of overnight camel trekking journeys from different locations in Merzouga. If you can’t find the itinerary you’re looking for, contact us and we’ll create one for you. Take a look at our list of Morocco pre-made tours.
- 2 days tour from Marrakech to Zagora
- 3 days tour from Marrakech to Merzouga desert
- 3 days tour from Marrakech to Fes
- 4 days tour from Marrakech to Merzouga desert
- 5 days tour from Marrakech to Merzouga desert
- 5 days tour from Marrakech to Fes
- 4 days tour from Marrakech to Fes
- 6 days tour from Marrakech to Merzouga desert
- 7 days tour from Marrakech to Fes
- 8 days tour from Marrakech to Fes
- 12 days tour from Marrakech
- 4 days tour from Casablanca to Marrakech
- 5 days tour from Casablanca
- 6 days tour in Morocco from Casablanca
- 7 days tour in Morocco from Casablanca
- 8 days tour in Morocco from Casablanca
- 9 days tour from Casablanca
- 10 days tour from Casablanca
- 12 days tour from Casablanca
- Morocco 2 week itinerary from Casablanca